Border to Coast publish 2018-19 Annual Report and Accounts and 2018-19 Annual Responsible Investment Report
Commenting on progress during the last 18 months, Border to Coast’s Chair, Chris Hitchen, said “In a world where large, ambitious projects routinely stall or overrun, we haven’t: we did what we said we’d do, and when, and we’re continuing to do it. I should like to pay tribute to the hard work and good will of both the Border to Coast team and our partners and stakeholders in making this happen.”
Steps taken during the period included:
- establishing a new office in Leeds;
- building an FCA-regulated asset manager and collective investment scheme and a new private markets structure;
- transitioning £9bn assets under both internal and external management;
- undertaking hundreds of interviews leading to a team of 61 employees;
- voting on over 3,000 resolutions at shareholder meetings globally; and
- investing time in thousands of hours of workshops, meetings, calls and conferences with Local Government officers, elected members and advisors, other pools and asset owners both UK and international, asset managers and industry experts, to collectively build strong foundations for future success.
Together our Annual Report and Accounts and our Annual Responsible Investment Report set out our achievements during the financial year ending March 2019, our business and governance models, approach to risk management, our focus on Responsible and Sustainable Investment and our future plans.
Chief Executive Officer, Rachel Elwell commented “Asset pooling provides an opportunity to make a significant difference to long-term investment outcomes for the Local Government Pension Scheme. We take seriously our responsibility to members, participating employers and local taxpayers in working with our Partner Funds to play our part in making pooling a success”.